Kerrie and I had a great night last night at the KL Players production of “The Importance of Being Earnest”.
This Oscar Wilde play was extremely funny with great one-liners. It was one of the best local theatre productions we have seen – the cast were outstanding and I could not stop laughing.
We were with friends Kerry, Mark and David with the conversation reminiscing on past plays we have seen with Kerrie and I doing most of the name dropping:
- My Fair Lady (2014) at Marina Bay Sands, Singapore.
- Jersey Boys (2010) at the August Wilson Theatre, New York with mum and dad.
- The Lion King (2006) at the Capitol Theatre, Sydney.
- Mamma Mia! (2005) at Her Majesty’s Theatre, Melbourne. The girls also caught it in 2013 at the West End, London.
- South Pacific (late 1990’s) in Melbourne.
- Sunset Boulevard (1996) at the Regent Theatre, Melbourne. Hugh Jackman was Joe.
Not a huge list but time never seems to allow for more.